Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
No phone calls please!
Interns have an opportunity to receive hands-on education and experience in organic agriculture, food system development, policy, nonprofit development, marketing, research, and fair and just food systems. FOG currently has the following internships available for Fall 2013. Please review the descriptions and submit a cover letter and resume, preferably by email (include intern in the subject line).
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or fax to 352-377-8363. No calls please.
Direct Supervisor: Executive Director
Position: Part-time (25 hours/week)
Salary Range: $15-$19/hour
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Graduate degree preferred).
- 1- 3 years work experience with grant writing and reporting for government and foundation grants.
- Proven track record in writing successful grant proposals that are funded.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail; ability to manage tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong writer with superior grammar, editorial and proofreading ability.
- Computer proficiency and strong skills in Microsoft Office.
- Research and identify foundation, corporate, governmental, and private funding prospects
- Research, identify and draft compelling and detailed proposals and budgets for grants
- Work with Executive Director, Managing Director, and program staff to gather information for proposals and reports
- Prepare budgets and expenditures for program reports to ensure proper expenditures are on track for grant projects
- Maintain reporting calendar; ensure reports are submitted in a timely manner
- Conduct administrative follow-up with funders
- Prepare key correspondence with funders and potential funders
- Collaborate closely with staff to develop effective letters of interest, applications and full proposals
- Write, edit and submit all materials, including application forms, proposal narratives, quarterly and annual reports, attachments according to funder guidelines and timelines, and narratives and financial reports on existing and completed projects in order to communicate to funders on the activities and impact resulting from their funding
- Develop and maintain donor database
- Ensure that files on current and potential funding sources, as well as other pertinent information about pending and awarded grants, is maintained.