Location: North Carolina
Salary: $13-$18/hr, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health insurance coverage & paid leave per personnel manual after probation period
Hours: 40 hours/week
Responsible to: Administrative Manager
Skills and abilities
- Technical knowledge of and experience with NOP organic crop and livestock regulations. Knowledge of and experience with NOP organic processing regulations a plus.
- Investigation and observation skills, combined with courtesy and a sharp mind.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills and high level of professionalism.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to write clear, complete and precise reports.
- Valid driver’s license, ability to travel. Ability to plan travel schedule and respond to changes in inspection schedule.
- Highly organized and attentive to details.
- Self-directed and pro-active, able to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to research and obtain any needed technical information.
- Experience managing office systems and databases.
Education and Experience
- BS Degree or equivalent experience in organic agriculture or relevant field of study.
- IOIA training or certification inspection training in similar nature required.
- Travel, primarily in North Carolina/Virginia area, to conduct on-site inspections of farms, livestock operations and simple processing facilities if qualified.
- Document on-site inspections in the form of a report.
- Work with other contracted inspectors and QCS personnel to coordinate inspections.
- Respond to questions from applicants regarding the certification process and general agricultural questions regarding organic farming, handling or processing of organic products.
- Review initial applications for completeness and to ensure general compliance with standards.
- Prepare and give presentations on topics of organic agriculture and certification.
- Review information concerning certification on a regular basis to ensure up to date knowledge and interpretation of standards and policies.
- Other duties upon request.
Please email resume and cover letter to denise [a] qcsinfo.org with position title and your name in the subject. No calls please.