Join FOG and the OTA on October 12th in Homestead, Florida
Florida Organic Growers (FOG) and the Organic Trade Association (OTA) cordially invite you to a Farmer Town Hall Meeting to take place on October 12, 2012 from 1:00 to 5:00 pm at the Miami-Dade County Extension building in Homestead, Florida. FOG is looking for farmer input regarding a number of critical issues that can affect or benefit sustainable and organic agriculture in the state of Florida. FOG’s Executive Director Marty Mesh and OTA’s Executive Vice-President Laura Batcha will be the there leading the discussion.
- Organic Research and Promotion Program. Marty and Laura will introduce you to a promising initiative for the organic sector, the Organic Research and Promotion Order. This initiative has the potential to provide support for organic research and marketing in the long term. After the presentation of the program, Marty and Laura will ask for your valuable input, so as to understand whether or not you are supportive of this initiative. As organic farmers and/or processors your input is crucial.
- Marty Mesh will provide an update on the Farm Bill and the potential consequences for conservation and agriculture.
- Marty Mesh will provide an update and lead discussion on Food Safety issues. He will also share info on FOG’s new food safety certification cost-share program.
- A listening session, where you will freely express your challenges and needs in terms of producing and marketing your crops. This information will be critical so that FOG can prioritize and identify the projects that are most relevant and beneficial to you.
- Other announcements and information, including how to use Natural Resources Conservation Services (NRCS) programs to help your farm, and FOG’s new farmer’s market initiative that will equip about 20 markets across Florida with EBT Technology and incentives for specialty crops.
Your input is key to the success of this event, come ready to talk and share!
Refreshments will be provided.
While you’re in the area, don’t forget…
For more information call 352.377.6355 or e-mail email@example.com.